Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 35: "B" Month

Snowfall was over but snow is almost everywhere, and so with people who seem cannot get enough, locals and foreigners alike. I went outside to take photos and to deposit some more ‘firsts’ in my first snow experience. It was very cold outside, slippery and roads were messy. There were few cars and public buses but fortunately the metro was in full operation. Since Rome is not accustomed to having snow, the public transport system was literally paralyzed. Yesterday, many people walked for hours just to get home and today they walked some extra kilometers to go to work.

The surrounding is pleasantly ‘white’ and snowball fighting was an obvious fun. I saw young and not so young people enjoying it. I also tried the snow bed and even met several snowmen. The five year old in me could not contain his joy and went home satisfied, but uttered he already had enough.   

No comments: