Wednesday, April 28, 2010

When I was a Child

When I was a child I used to count what I don’t have
But now I used to count the priceless blessings I have.
When I was a child I used to grumble on things out of my control
But now I used to say gratitude toward the things I can control.
When I was little I used to cry on petty things and cried out foul
But now I still cry not on things but on persons I hold high.


Life is a journey, life is a mystery
Full of surprises; a never ending quest
It brings me up on a sunny day;
It quiets me on a cloudy day;
Though it shatters me when storm passes by
Yet there is one thing which keeps me laugh and cry
The life I had when I was a child.

When I was a child I always used to speak for myself
Now if I speak wisdom they are but products of “Dad used to say”;
When I was a child my mother always gives the caring;
Now I found myself giving even for those who do not care.
When I was a child I create memories, great and small
Those memories are the reason why now I stood tall.

No comments: