Saturday, April 12, 2014

It was brought to my attention by a few ‘good Samaritans’ that there is a buzz going on about me among 'some' of the friars in my community. They were surprised to know that I still live here, meaning that they don’t see me around. I thought 'these some' seemed too curious that they didn't even bother to ask me why. I thought they only cared to talk about people behind their back. 

When I arrived here three years ago, I was told of a friar whom I know and who lived here prior to my arrival about practically the same issue. Now it's their turn to throw it at me. Are we too few in the community that they can easily spot who's not around? No, we're actually around 65 friars. Aren't they too busy teaching (or working or studying) to be so nosy? I would like to think so but since they've got time to cater an issue like that, I now begin to wonder. Or maybe, this is all about politics after all. Bo. 

I will not be surprised if 'these some' are the ones whom I don’t regularly see in the choir for common prayers because if they were there, there they will find me and wouldn't be so amazed to find that I’m still here. The fact is I don’t see them in the choir and I am not surprised at all. Or perhaps they actually do attend the choir, not only observant of our common prayer life but also very observant of those who are not around. I have flaws; I am aware of these and I am actually doing something about them. But to talk about someone just to feel good about oneself or to acquire admiration or to prove how better religious friar he is makes me want to puke. Because as of this writing, I have not heard or received a piece of fraternal advice from these nosy breed of hypocrites under a religious habit on how to deal with their issue with me. They just continue to make gossips about other people. That makes the difference. That’s the real issue. And that is very sad.

Good luck to them...

No comments: