Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 77: Sometimes it works...

I found myself running ‘errands’ yesterday and today, accomplishing one document after the other. After a gruesome experience of not obtaining an annual metro bus card for Euro 150 the first time I tried it, yesterday the ‘weather’ seems to be shining on me. Without ‘dropping a sweat’ and undergoing the usual litany of Q&A, I managed to have the kind I stubbornly wanted to get. Thanks to my friend Cecilia who accompanied me and became my ‘spokesperson.’ It saved me time, effort and money. I was also able to get a ‘postepay’ (debit card) with ease, even with my poor knowledge of Italian. Today, I went (with Fr Romy) to Rome’s prefecture office to have my translated document for driving signed and certified. We waited for over an hour but this scenario is always given here, and nothing in comparison to my previous experiences. Anyway, I still have to do two more procedures to finally obtain a driver’s license and drive around Italy. Not bad eh! (Driving here is another story though). On Monday, I am off to get my health insurance card. And then I can relax and prepare to go back to Taiwan…haha!

No comments: