Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 75: Being Social or Social Being


Today I was once again noticed of my ‘seemingly’ socializing too much with people whom I meet and become friends with here in Rome. Some of these people couldn’t contain the fact that I can have time for socialization amid the demands of studies. Little that these people know that I am doing just fine with both because what I do is to try to enjoy every minute of my stay here. I am a social being and being social is one of the elements of being healthy. Of course the priority is to get a degree but it’s not just about that. If their concern is to remind me about my priority, I acknowledge that but again I am perfectly aware of what I am capable of, and modesty aside, I am doing better. If their intention is beyond this concern then I can smell the seething envy which ensues from their nonsensical comments and endless asking. Maybe it’s time for these folks to spend their social life in a healthy way so to experience the merits which a social being like me enjoy and celebrate.   

No comments: