Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 61: Moving on...

I went out early today to apply for my Carta d’Identita which requires me in dealing with other transactions. I was told that it’s way easy to accomplish than the permesso di soggiorno but I don’t want to take a risk especially if you already had a grueling experience with the system. I was glad I was able to obtain it without dropping a sweat simply because the attitude of the people in Roma Commune is highly commendable. This experience is a breather from my increasing dislike to unprofessionalism and racism in this country.  When you meet people like we met today, you will not only appreciate Rome for its history and architecture but also for its inner beauty.

Now that I have my Permesso di Soggiorno and Carta d’itentita, I can now apply for driver’s license, metro ticket, health insurance and postal pay. I’m getting there, piano a piano. 

No comments: