Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 39: "B" Month

with Bro Eddie Canuto and Fr Romy Velos, CS
Examination is over; the first semester is done. The ice is melting and the surrounding becomes green again. Suddenly, I miss the snow. Then today, I was told that there will be another snow fall in Rome starting Friday, and accordingly it will be 'heavier' than the snowfall the previous days. I am now more worried than excited, worried because the whole city will be paralyzed again. Needless to say, many commuters will find their home again by driving or walking 'extra' miles, especially to migrant workers who go to different working locations and do not have cars. Another sad story from the recent snow fall was the death of a Filipina (R.I.P.) who was run by a car which lost its maneuvering due to the slippery condition of the roads. My excitement to seeing snow dissipates easily as I think of the recent tragedies and possible ones. I hope and pray that people will consider being safe than sorry, and prefer joy over tragedy. 

I would also like to use this medium to thank our country's ambassador to Italy, Hon. Ambassador Virgilio Reyes, Jr and his wife Mrs Marie Reyes, for the wonderful dinner and reception at their official residence. And most importantly, Rendiamo Grazie a Dio! (Thanks be to God!)

No comments: