Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 14: The Beautiful (part 6)

I have never thought that such a small table which only costs 5euros will consume my whole afternoon yesterday. I got it two nights ago from IKEA with the idea of just replacing the old one I found from our attic. But as soon as I placed it at the same spot of the old I noticed there was a mismatch. I got a very few options to reposition the table since I’m occupying a small space so I decided that the only plausible solution is to rearrange the whole room. It turned out that a table makes the whole room adjust to it and I’m talking of removing, rearranging, repositioning my wardrobe cabinets, study table, book shelves, bed and chairs. I was like a new guy who just moved into the neighborhood. The difficult part was when I was left with no other options and still not satisfied with the arrangement. I would like to believe that the difficult part was I got a little space for my things and not I have many things for a little space. Finally, after a little over four hours I was able to match my things with the new table – that new, small and black table which costs 5euros.


Today is Sunday and once again we are reminded to come before the Table of the Lord and share His meal. His table doesn’t cost a penny; it costs Him his body and blood, his life to share it with us. We don’t need to spend four hours just to fit in; one hour is enough to be satisfied. But we have to conform according to the Table and not the other way around, even if it means or to the point of rearranging, repositioning and removing our life’s baggage.


Finally to quote the comment (reflection) of Fr Robert Barcelona, LMI on this article, "With only one new table, you noticed the nonconformity, the ugly and the mismatch inside your room until everything is finally changed into a beautiful symmetry. When Jesus enters into our life we right away notice the ugly, the mismatch and the areas of our life that need to be changed. With Jesus, everything in us becomes beautiful."

Happy and Blessed Sunday to all! 

No comments: