Thursday, December 29, 2011

I Need a Title (Help! Anyone?)

c/ostaticflickr.com

New Year (2012) is two days away and rightfully everyone who craves for:

  1. a new start,
  2. a high jump or a strong kick,
  3. a drastic change,
  4. an improvement of this or that sort,
  5. deleting old rugged attitude and adding new positivism,
  6. or in other words, setting a GOAL,

this celebration is a ‘can’t wait to happen’ event. No matter where you are or what language you speak, or religion you are affiliated to, culture or family you were born into, we all experienced, set and tried to reach a goal – all for the sake of a better living, personal or communal. Goal (s) is that driving force; a motivation; a work in progress which gives someone a chance to draw out one’s potentialities and discover that there is more to life. Goal can be an answer to boredom and monotonous lifestyle.

I am into it. I am setting goals for myself. Not that my life had been boring or unproductive. It’s because I wanted to be more productive along with some personal issues I need to deal with. It is with this deep conviction and inspired spirit that I would like to set and work on a specific goal, i.e.

Using my “Every Page Counts” blog, I will keep an everyday journal, starting on January 1st 2012 until December 31of the same year, about different people whom I will meet in the streets of Rome or any place I will be at. I will have a chat or dialogue with whoever he/she is about any or specific concern he/she has in life. My GOAL for such encounter is to extract some values which can help me in my everyday life to become better, as a person, a Filipino, a Roman Catholic, a Dominican religious priest, a student.

However there are some limitations and disclaimers about this goal:

  1. This is not a scientific research or study. This is a personal blog.
  2. Should an instance arise with respect to the person’s confidentiality, I will not state his/her real name, post a photo and personal data (s). I will however use general name(s) to describe about the encounter.
  3. Language barrier.
  4. The opinion (s) of the writer and the other person may not necessarily represent or constitute the view(s) of a group people or of the general public.
  5. Should anyone wish to copy, print or use the content(s) of the blog, an email to the writer or a request placed in the comment space will suffice. However, the writer will not be responsible on the manner it will be used.
  6. I reserve the right to change the contents of this blog or to discontinue it at any time, as well as the right to deny access to the blog to any person whom I have reasonable grounds to believe may be using the blog, photos and information for an unlawful or unauthorized purpose or in a manner that may harm the writer and the person(s) involve in the encounter.

Finally, to quote the Dalai Lama, “I truly believe that individuals can make a difference in society. Since periods of change such as the present one come so rarely in human history, it is up to each of us to make the best use of our time to help create a happier world.”
     

No comments: