Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Purpose Driven Dance

Aside from the many errands I do everyday I also spend some time watching TV programs or movies in YouTube. It’s one way to update myself on what’s going on around outside my zone. Lately, I have been following the American reality program “Dancing with the Stars”. I think it started when I got to know Cheryl Burke, a filipino-american pro dancer of the show. Being Filipino myself I am always proud of my kababayan (countrymen) making it big in international arena. But what pinned me down to watching it every week is my passion on dancing. Let me clarify that I am not a professional dancer, no, not even an amateur one. I can dance okay and can improve a lot given the training and self confidence but I only dance alone, in my room (this sounded basically the same as ‘I only sing in the bathroom’).

Anyway, if this ‘I like dancing but am no good dancer’ can be considered a ‘legitimate’ passion, then dancing is one of my passions. What I like most about this reality show is the show helps an amateur or inexperienced dancer to realize her/his potential to develop and improve. This could have a huge impact on ordinary people to follow their heart’s desire and that nothing is impossible to achieve for a willing and determined person. It also helps us to face our fear and to understand that it is okay to be vulnerable from time to time. It’s all included in the package called learning process or as I prefer to call it ‘ life's journey’.

I think this kind of reality TV show is very apt to its dancers/contestants and viewers because everybody is not only after the passion to dance but moreover, all are after becoming better persons ready to make a difference in making life a vocation to live and appreciate.

(picture c/o http://www.abc.go.com/)

No comments: